Monday, July 9, 2007

Choose your path and follow it, take your pill and swallow it. (Alternate title: A Girl and Her Volvo, a tragic love story)

Hi Friends-
Sorry for the long hiatus. I haven't been posting fun blogs for you to read because I've been SPENDING ALL MY TIME WITH YOU INSTEAD.

So it appears the Volvo Gods have caught up with me. After tempting fate myriad times in the past few weeks (how was I supposed to know it was REALLY going to run out of gas) the folks who gave me the car more than a year ago, called me today and, um, kinda sorta want it back. Yeah. Which is excellent timing because I just spent a ton of money on it, I'm halfway through my cross country road trip and my every possession is stuffed inside (save one running shoe, which got left unwittingly under my bed in SB).

But it's hard to stay mad. Life is pretty excellent, I'm psyched about what the next few months will bring, I just got back from a pretty fabulous whirlwind trip to Vegas (thanks), and I get to hang out in a great city for the next few weeks.

Funny post will be coming soon, but for now this is all I got.

3 comments:

Wes said...

The money thing really sucks. Do you think they would reimburse you for some (or all) of it? That seems only fair...

Werd said...

Well, the problem is they don't let you drive into the terminal and right up to the date like they used. I actually got there 20 whole minutes before my flight left, but they have that whole "check in and go through security 45 minutes early" song and dance. All things considered, being only 25 minutes late after driving more than 12 hours is pretty impressive.

And don't think I'm understating the importance of that Gabor's outing.

Emily said...

the only problem i have with your welcome return to the bloggie woggie is that you opened WITH A LIE.

... spending all my time with you instead, she says.

many grunty words come to mind, starting with "huh" and "eh?" and ending with "myehn" and "harumph."

think on it, bergemann, and give me a (motherfucking) call.