Sunday, December 2, 2007

update

I'm a week into following my own advice and I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Went to TWO happy hours, the gym three times, called my sister, knit a scarf, tried out a new existential approach to love, and have thus far stayed away from chicken.

So why, then, has this general feeling of malaise and Angela Chase-esque angst refused to go away? Could it be because I haven't yet cleaned my room? More likely it's because it's snowing and the barista at this coffee shop likes to play Elliott Smith and Leonard Cohen back to back.

gah.

2 comments:

Dan Stafford said...

First of all, kudos. I have to believe, however, that when you make a bunch of changes like that and then actually follow them all within a week's time, it's got to feel a little daunting, and your psyche is saying, 'great great I've changed, I'm doing it, but where's the PAYOFF', when in fact the payoff will come over time, I would expect.

Just got back from new Wes Anderson movie, so sorry for slightly existential non-snark quality of comment.

Unknown said...

Yea, I guess it's hard when a lot of these things will have such little effect on your day to day life and mental well-being. Hardly a day goes by when I wish I couldn't flip the "trust" switch or push the "be more outgoing with people you don't know" button.

As Hobbes once said to Calvin in this kind of situation, "The American dream lives on..."