Friday, June 15, 2007

#2 What Can I Say, I'm Wired This Way, You're Wired to Me

"'Because it really happened' is the worst reason to write anything, leading directly to ramshackle prose and the painful American custom of oversharing." -- Barbara Kingsolver (found this on a friend of a friend's literary blog)

I don't know how I feel about that, Ms. Kingsolver. Some of my favorite people overshare like it's their job. Perhaps it how we Americans get over that whole Bowling Alone thing.

Regardless, you did write a book about Arizona, so I'll at least consider your advice.

In other news, the counter that I put on my blog yesterday is up to..1! Which, I have a hunch, is actually just me checking my own blog. Yes! I am on my way.

In other other news, it only took me 10 minutes to figure out how to make my first hyperlink open in a different window.

5 comments:

Dan Stafford said...

first of all....

excellent name for a blog. god love the pixies. do i get a print of something? prolly not...

secondly, i used to totally heart barbara kingsolver. in fact, one of the reasons i moved to AZ was her writing - of course, she was writing about Tucson, and i ended up in Phoenix, but whatevs.

that being said, i tired of her writing because it all seemed like thinly veiled accounts of her life, which, frankly, got a little boring. so ironic that you picked this quote of hers.

i do like the idea of picking what seem like 'profound quotes' and sort of debunking theme.

a'ight - back to work for dirt. have a great trip, be safe, and best of luck with the blog.

Crystal said...

Thanks Dirt-
No print for you, but keep it up and maybe I'll send you the green lantern.

Werd said...

I am one of the most notorious culprits of oversharing I know, as the denizens of the Marion House know. I'm very American, I guess. Also, I hate France and love oil. And why can't you damn liberals just love Nascar already?

And yes, let's link! The internet is magical place, eh?

Werd said...

Oh, and thanks for the WWLDD advice. I'm on it...

Wes said...

I can't really describe how happy I was to come here today and find...

A SECOND POST!!

Fly little blog birdie, fly.