Wednesday, June 20, 2007

#4 Dear Volvo Driver

Hi friends. Wow what a shit storm of emotions these past four days have been. I feel four years older, not four days. Mostly in the wiser/more mature/at peace with myself way than the faster aging brought on by stress way. Mostly.

The plan was to post a Drew inspired blog tonight (can't let guest blogger outshine me) but a) I'm exhausted and b) I still haven't bothered to learn the instructions for how to post wav. files.

I will do this tomorrow.

In the meantime, my sincere thanks to those of you who were around to lend a hand or ear, rescue my cat, or push my car out of the street this weekend.

Relatedly, and just for fun, here's a note I found on my car window yesterday afternoon:

"Dear Volvo Driver,
You car (parked in neutral) rolled out of its parking space and into the street. I pushed it back. Caution, there is now a large object blocking the back passenger wheel. Sincerely, Joe"

4 comments:

Emily said...

haha, hahahhaa. hahahhahaha. big ups to the good samurai-itans that roam the earth.

i think it must be the fact it's a volvo. you should sell your story to their mktg. group.

Wes said...

I concur with the extent of Emily's laughing. Good work, Crystal.

So, does the bulk of your older/wiser feeling come from the fact that you learned to put your car in park? Or does that reference future heartwarming blog stories about your Arizona homecoming?

Dan Stafford said...

you have to send that note to found magazine. just brilliant.

Werd said...

That's seriously one of the most brilliant things I've ever read.

Are you ever going to reveal the true identity of the mystery blogger? You don't have any links up yet (ahem ahem) so we don't know who you mingle with. Besides the usual suspects.